Monday, March 29, 2010

Post Dispatch interview / Mayoral Candidate Ready To Take Salary Cut

As I told you on Saturday, I had an interview on Friday afternoon with the Post Dispatch. An article was published this evening, and it contains information about my plan, if I'm elected, to cut the mayor's pay by more than half. This is an effort to bring the salary in line with what other St. Louis county mayors currently earn as mayor, given consideration to it being a part-time position.

The Post Dispatch also contacted the current mayor for his comments about my plan to cut the salary. Interestingly enough, the current mayor said he hasn’t thought much about his salary. That begs the question....what else has the mayor not given thought to when it comes to spending our tax dollars?

You can read the entire article here: http://interact.stltoday.com/blogzone/political-fix/political-fix/2010/03/woodson-terrace-mayoral-candidate-ready-to-take-salary-cut/

This money, $12,520, can be used to fund other programs that directly benefit the tax payers of Woodson Terrace. I promise you, I will find a way to give this money back to the residents and tax payers of Woodson Terrace.