Monday, April 5, 2010

Election Day Eve

Well, tomorrow is the big day - Election Day. It has been exciting to meet many of you and several other residents during the past few months. I have taken a lot of notes and given sincere consideration to your likes and dislikes about our great community. I feel fortunate that I have had such overwhelming support from so many of you. I have also learned a lot: about myself, our community, and the inextinguishable human spirit!

Since I declared my candidacy, I have shared with you many ideas and details of my plan to create a Better Woodson Terrace. For our city to thrive in the future, we will need to do things differently. We can't expect to keep turning out the same endeavors and expect different results. We need to take advantage of technology to improve the lives of citizens and to attract new businesses to our community. In such a fast-paced, on-demand society, cities like ours can no longer conduct business the same as it they always have. It will take a new approach, new ideas, and new technologies for our community to prosper.


In addition to taking advantage of current technology, I also commit to rolling up my sleeves and partnering with the current elected officials, as well as the city's employees. I am a "hands-on" manager, and I pride myself on learning and doing the jobs that I'm expected to oversee. I repeat what's been said, I will spend as much time as it takes to oversee the functions of the city. But once that's done, I will get out from behind the desk and leave City Hall behind in order to get out and make a personal connection with the residents, our businessmen and women, the City Administration and employees, as well as neighboring townships. I have promised that if elected, I will continue to knock on doors and get to know our community.

I have also conveyed that I feel serving the people of our community as mayor is such a privilege that if I'm elected, I plan to reduce the mayor's salary by more than 50% ($23,520 per year to $11,000 per year). This will bring the Woodson Terrace mayor's salary in-line with what other mayors in surrounding communities are paid. I vow to work hard for you and provide you with an honest, responsive, and transparent administration.

Should you have any questions or need a ride to the polls on Tuesday, April 6 please call me at 314-488-5779.

I look forward to serving as your representative for Woodson Terrace.


Be sure to go out and vote!