Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Better Woodson Terrace

Having been deeply involved with revitalizing Woodson Terrace's Neighborhood Watch program during the past year, I have worked many hours to institute positive change in our community. Now my husband and I, along with our friends and family, believe that the time has come for me to seek an elected office. I want to bring a fresh approach and new ideas to the city administration by running for Mayor.


I have been fortunate to be influenced by several positive role models of public service. I was raised to be committed to fellowship, partnership, and service, while giving back to the local community. I believe there are ample opportunities available that will enhance and grow our Community Partnership, in relation to:


1. The Citizens of Woodson Terrace
2. The men and women who conduct business within Woodson Terrace
3. The current City Administration and Board of Aldermen
4. Fellow mayors and city administrators of our neighboring communities



I would like to see steady and routine communication with the citizens of Woodson Terrace, our businessmen and businesswomen, and with the surrounding townships. In the coming weeks, I will be posting my platform here on this website. I will explain the new direction and ideas I have for when I am elected as Mayor. My platform includes, but is not limited to:


Build Partnerships
Public Safety
Community Image
Fiscal Responsibility


I do hope you will check back here often to read what's going on with my campaign. Feel free to send me an email with your questions or concerns. I will read and respond to every correspondence. Please help me to bring better government to the people of Woodson Terrace.
Thanks in advance for your encouragement and support! I look forward to hearing from you.
Warm regards,

Kathy

Kathy.Wheeling@gmail.com

Kathy Wheeling
Candidate for Mayor of Woodson Terrace