Thursday, May 6, 2010

We Paid For It

I've got several blog posts that I will be sharing with you over the next few weeks and months. In the meantime, be sure to check out Elliott Davis' expose on the Woodson Terrace officials' recent activity and how they are spending the city's dollars:

http://www.fox2now.com/news/youpaidforit/ktvi-woodson-terrace-mayor-bust-050510,0,4978706.story

I can't wait to ask which WT city official recommended the artist and what the personal relationship is with that artist. And no other bids? Seems very corrupt to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Come see for yourself how the Mayor and his (not your) Board of Aldermen are spending the city's dollars. Mark your calendars for the 3rd Thursday each month, 8 pm. That's when the Board has their monthly meeting. Next up, May 20th.

Sincerely,
Kathy


p.s. for those of you who've inquired, Mayor Besmer politely declined my offer to head up a special committee of which I wanted to launch a thorough budget review. I guess Brad and I will have to review the budget on our own, in hopes that what we find will save our city employees' jobs and livelihoods. I'll be updating you on this, stay tuned.